This is a wiki for a reason. Anyone can contribute. If you see something that is inaccurate or can be improved, don't ask that it be fixed--just improve it. (Disclaimer, , , )
Bear Hide Armor
|Start Zone:||Qeynos Hills|
|Quest Giver:||Chanda Miller|
|Related NPCs:||a brown bear, a black bear|
- Bear-hide BeltBear-hide Belt
WT: 1.0 Size: SMALL
- Bear-hide BootsBear-hide Boots
WT: 2.5 Size: SMALL
- Bear-hide CapeBear-hide Cape
WT: 2.5 Size: MEDIUM
STA: +2 WIS: +2
WT: 3.5 Size: MEDIUM
Class: ALL except NEC WIZ MAG ENC
Chanda can be found with her brother at a campfire outside Surefall Glade, /loc 4995, 105. She periodically wanders away so you may have to wait for her to return.
You say, 'Hail, Chanda Miller'
- Chanda Miller says, 'Um.. I do not know you. Please um.. leave me be.'
You say, 'Baobob sent me'
- Chanda Miller says, 'Oh.. Hello. My name is Chanda. (your name) is your name? That's a nice name. My [brother] sent you to talk to me? You must want some bear.. um.. [clothes].'
You say, 'yes your brother sent me'
- Chanda Miller says, 'umm.. My brother.. Um.. I mean my BROTHER.. He is the finest tanner there is. His name is Baobob and I love him very much.'
You say, 'I want some clothes'
- Chanda Miller says, 'I um.. know how to make.. umm.. [cloaks] and [boots]. Oh yes! and belts! I love to make bear skin belts! Um.. I really like [belts]. My [brother] says I have to start charging more gold for my stuff though..'
You say, 'What cloaks?
- Chanda Miller says, 'I.. um.. can make.. um.. a good cloak for you. You have to get me a bear skin of high quality and my brother says I should not make them unless you also give me 21 gold pieces. I used to give them away but [Baobob] got mad at me so I don't do that anymore.'
You say, 'What boots?'
- Chanda Miller says, 'I know how to make boots. Um.. I don't like them as much as belts. They are harder to make. You have to get me a medium quality bear skin and give me 15 gold pieces if you want some bear boots. They are really good, though. At least that is what Baobob tells me.'
You say, 'What belts?'
- Chanda Miller says, 'Oh, yes, I like making belts! They are easy! All I need is a bear skin and 5 gold pieces. The bear skin doesn't have to be that great but don't bring me a ruined one. The gold was my brother's idea.. sorry.'
Turn-in the following combinations for either the belt, boots, or cape:
- Bear-hide Belt - 5 gp and Low Quality Bear Skin,
- Bear-hide Boots - 15 gp and Medium Quality Bear Skin,
- Bear-hide Cape - 21 gp and High Quality Bear Skin.
turning in just gold completed the quest and gave same rewards and armor. Tested this three times; first two for bear hide boots and third for bear hide cape. If someone can confirm this, will report for fix.--29 Oct 2016.
Completing the quest also gives you the following faction adjustments: