[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Catfish Croak Sandwich Quest
Notice: THE ARTICLE CONTAINS NON-P99 CONTENT.
Contents may contain items, mobs or formulas that do not exist in the Project 1999 Timelines.
Note: Quest permanently removed on p99 as of Oct 8, 2013 .
|Start Zone:||Lake of Ill Omen|
|Quest Giver:||Klok Foob|
|Classes:||Warrior, Cleric, SK,|
|Related Zones:||East Cabilis, Firiona Vie, Swamp of No Hope, West Cabilis|
|Related NPCs:||Klok Bygle, Klok Ephmir, man eating shrub|
- Foobscale CoifFoobscale Coif
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
STR: +1 WIS: +1 INT: +1
WT: 3.0 Size: SMALL
Class: WAR CLR PAL SHD SHM
You say, 'Hail, Klok Foob'
- Klok Foob says 'Buy, buy, buy. Go ahead, make a purchase. I am not here to talk. Go to Cabilis for talk. Come to Foob for armor. Now hurry and.. Ooh.. Foob is starvings. Foob wish he had his [munch break favorite].'
You say, 'What is your munch break favorite?'
Klok Foob rubs his tummy. 'Oh!! Catfish croak sandwich is my favorite, it is. Can only eats on my break. I haves one and one is what the Haggle Baron says to Foob. Only thing is Foob gets way tired from standing. Foob needs some broodling to [fetch the catfish croak sandwich] for him.'
You say, 'I will fetch the catfish croak sandwich.'
- Klok Foob says 'What?!! You dus gets Foob his sandwich for his munch break!! You be a good tail. Gets me two sandwiches, one fer break and one fer work, then me pay you something for the troubles. But it be no trouble. Foob is sure you know [how to make sandwich].'
You say, 'How do I make the sandwich?'
- Klok Foob chortles loudly in disbelief. 'How you not know? It da best food. You gots to get a sewer catfish which swims in da Cabilis, and find lizard who have thin sliced froglok. Then all you need is shrub lettuce and honey mush bread. All dis in da oven makes a good sandwich.'
Klok Foob wants you to fetch him two sandwiches. In order to make these, you need Thin Sliced Froglok Meat, Shrub Lettuce, Honey Mush Bread, and Sewer Catfish.
To get the Thin Sliced Froglok Meat, talk to Klok Ephmir in East Cabilis.
You say, 'Hail, Klok Ephmir'
- Klok Ephmir stares at you with a wicked smirk. 'So you share the Brood's love of frogloks, do you? Alive, they provide much trouble. Dead, they provide much delight. I have found many uses for the frogloks. From fine meat to fine mats. Be sure to ask if you do not see something you desire.'
You say, 'I need thinly sliced froglok.'
- Klok Ephmir says 'I can provide thin sliced froglok meat, or rather, I used to. First, I need to [sharpen the dull cutting disk].'
You say, 'I can sharpen the dull cutting disk.'
- Klok Ephmir says 'That would be good. If you are a blacksmith, I am sure you can find a sharpening stone and bring life back to my disk. If you sharpen this I shall gladly provide you with some thin sliced froglok.'
- Klok Ephmir takes the disk and attaches it to an odd device powered by a foot pedal. He takes a froglok leg and begins to slice it as chunks of gristle flies into your face. When he is done he hands you some thin sliced froglok. 'There you are. Run along.'
You receive 4 Thin Sliced Froglok Meat. (not implemented on P99)
- Shrub Lettuce is dropped off Man Eating Shrubs in Swamp of No Hope.
- Honey Mush Bread can be purchased off Klok Bygle, a merchant in the left building when leaving Cabilis into the swamp.
- Sewer Catfish are fishable in Cabilis and Firiona Vie (not patched in on Live until July 2003. Will therefore probably never be available on P99)
The four items may be combined into a Catfish Croak Sandwich, and Klok Foob accepts the results.
- Klok Foob says 'Me thanks you very much!! Now me stop da tummy grumbles. You have this. And you takes dis. Foob make special, not sold yet, you test it. It is not toughest, but it take a little bashing just like you. It is called Foobscale!!'
You gain experience!!