[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Monk Epic Quest
|Quest Giver:||Tomekeeper Danl|
- Celestial FistsCelestial Fists
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
STR: +20 DEX: +10 STA: +10 AGI: +10 HP: +100
SV FIRE: +10 SV DISEASE: +10 SV COLD: +10 SV MAGIC: +10 SV POISON: +10
Effect: Celestial Tranquility (Must Equip, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 50
WT: 0.1 Size: SMALL
Race: HUM IKS
- Robe of the Lost Circle sub-quest
- ( ) Obtain Purple Headband via quests.
- ( ) Obtain Red Sash of Order via quests.
- ( ) Kill Targin the Rock in Nagafen's Lair King room to get Code of Zan Fi.
- ( ) Kill Raster of Guk in Lower Guk to get The Idol. It should be noted you can not MQ the idol and sash to Brother Zephyl.
- ( ) Turn in Purple Headband and Code of Zan Fi to Brother Qwinn in Southern Karana to get Needle of the Void.
- ( ) Turn in Red Sash of Order and The Idol to Brother Zephyl in Rathe Mountains to get Rare Robe Pattern.
- ( ) Combine Shadow Wolf Pelt, Silk Swatch, and Spell: Gather Shadows in sewing kit to make Shadow Silk (Tailoring 36).
- ( ) Combine Shadow Silk, Needle of the Void, Rare Robe Pattern, and Song: Jonthan's Whistling Warsong in a sewing kit to make Robe of the Lost Circle (no skill check).
- Robe of the Whistling Fists sub-quest
- ( ) Kill an iksar betrayer in Chardok and loot A Metal Pipe (Fi).
- ( ) Kill a drolvarg pawbuster in Karnor's Castle and loot A Metal Pipe (Zan).
- ( ) Turn in the two pipes and Robe of the Lost Circle to Brother Balatin (must not be aggro'd, or first charmed) in Dreadlands to receive Robe of the Whistling Fists.
- First Book
- ( ) Get an Immortals book from any named mob in Skyfire.
- ( ) Turn in Immortals to Tomekeeper Danl in the Erudin library for Danl's Reference. Do not turn in while Feigned Death. Danl will eat your turn in.
- ( ) Save this until the final turn in so you may keep your robe longer.
- ( ) Find Lheao in the hidden cove in Timorous Deep. Turn in Danl's Reference and Robe of the Whistling Fists to get Celestial Fists (book).
- Fist of Fire
- ( ) Find a fire sprite in Lavastorm Mountains and say "I challenge Eejag" to spawn Eejag. Loot Charred Scale.
- ( ) OPTIONAL Take the scale back to sane Kaiaren in Trakanon's Teeth. He will give the scale back and quest lore text.
- Fist of Air
- ( ) Go to Dojorn's Island (Isle 1.5) in Plane of Sky. Hand Scale to a presence to spawn Gwan. Kill Gwan and loot Breath of Gwan.
- Fist of Earth
- ( ) Hand Breath of Gwan in to a sleeping ogre in Mines of Nurga to spawn Trunt. Kill Trunt and loot Trunt's Head (Note: a sleeping ogre must con indifferently, use sneak from behind to turn in).
- Fist of Water
- ( ) OPTIONAL Find dark elf named Deep in underwater caverns of Lake Rathetear and turn in the Head. She will give it back then despawn.
- ( ) Go to Overthere and locate a monk named Astral Projection (Overthere). Hand him Trunt's Head and receive Eye of Kaiaren.
- ( ) In Lake of Ill Omen (It's not on the platform, but on the shore, loc neg 1900 neg 950), give an Astral Projection (LOIO) the Eye of Kaiaren to spawn Vorash and Deep. Once both (False. As 2014, on p99, it's enough Vorash dies) mobs die, Xenevorash will spawn. Kill Xenevorash and loot Demon Fangs.
- Book Conversion (Dealing with Kaiaren)
- ( ) Give Celestial Fists (book) to mad Kaiaren at the ruins in Trakanon's Teeth and he hands you back the book.
- ( ) Go to sane Kaiaren, who spawns over by the lake in TT (p305, p2470 in an empty hut) after you hand in Celestial Fists (book) to mad Kaiaren.
- ( ) Hand Celestial Fists (book) to sane Kaiaren and he hands you back a slightly different book called Book of Celestial Fists.
- Final Turn-in
- ( ) Turn in the modified Book of Celestial Fists and Demon Fangs to sane Kaiaren to receive the monk epic, Celestial Fists.
IMPORTANT: Turning your final pieces in to mad Kaiaren instead of sane Kaiaren will cause your items to be lost.
Long Walkthrough with dialogue
Tomekeeper Danl can be found on the second floor of the library (the three story building in the center of Erudin's courtyard nearest Tox forest.
You say, 'Hail Tomekeeper Danl'
Tomekeeper Danl says 'Good day, citizen. Please remember to keep your voice down in our library. Feel free to browse the extensive collection of books we have on display. Learning is all about you and our library is the greatest collection of educational literature in the world, as you can no doubt see. However, there are a few books we do not own and we are prepared to pay well to acquire [rare finds].
You say, 'What rare finds?'
Tomekeeper Danl says 'Yes, any rare books, tomes, essays, or other literature you find may be of interested to me. Although the finds I am interested in are quite high profile and would most likely only be found in the possession of very powerful or influential beings. Give me what you have found and I will pay you what it is worth to us.
The book he requires is called Immortals, which can be found on various named mobs in Skyfire (Guardian of Felia, A Lava Walker, A Wandering Wurm, Black Scar).
Give Tomekeeper Danl the book of Immortals and get this response:
Tomekeeper Danl gasps at the sight of the rare book and says, 'This is a great find indeed! I can only imagine who you had to.. persuade to give you the book. Our library would be very interested in acquiring this and I am prepared to give you this platinum and a referral that marks you as a friend of the library. If only [Lheao] could see this.'
You say, 'Who is Lheao?'
Tomekeeper Danl says 'Lheao was my predecessor here at the Library of Erudin. He has since retired, just a few years ago. I'm sure he would be most impressed with your find and offer insightful conversation on the subject. Although I'm not sure one of your profession would be interested in such a scholarly endeavor, no offense. If you are interested, find him and tell him you found the book 'Immortals.' I'm not sure where he has retired to, but I hear it is near an ocean somewhere.
He gives you a piece of paper called Danl's Reference.
Before continuing on, you will need to complete the following quests in this order:
- Monk Sash Quests to obtain Red Sash of Order
- Monk Headband Quests to obtain Purple Headband
- Monks of The Whistling Fist to obtain Robe of the Lost Circle
- The Lost Circle to obtain Robe of the Whistling Fists, which is required in the next part of the monk epic
Next, head to the hidden oasis in Timorous Deep. Once there, speak to Lheao.
You say, 'Hail Lhaeo'
Lheao jumps at your voice and begins laughing at his skittishness. He says, 'Ahh, hello there. Not many people know of this place, so visitors are quite rare. Hehehe. It's a very beautiful place indeed, so, ummm, please don't go telling everyone you know about it. Heheh. Thanks, friend.'
You say, 'I have found the book Immortals'
Lheao looks up at you, eyes wide in astonishment, and says, 'My god, you found 'Immortals'?! Where did you find it? Never mind, that is unimportant. I have in my possession a book that explains more about these individuals. Its value is unimaginable as well as the impact it is capable of. As you can see, I grow old. I need an individual to watch over this book and make sure it is protected. Would you be willing to [take this responsibility]?'
You say, 'I will take this responsibility'
Lheao says 'I'm sorry, but I could only give this book to a true master, such as a member of the Whistling Fists Order. And unless you can give me proof that you are one, in addition to Danl's reference, which is very unlikely, there is no way I'll let you take charge of [the Celestial Fists].
You say, 'What Celestial Fists?'
Lheao says 'The Celestial Fists is the title of a book written by an unknown author. His writing is sub par but the legend is interesting from a biographical standpoint alone. Its rarity commands top dollar in the scholarly community but the secrets revealed in the book are what truly makes it dangerous. I've thought many times to destroy it but just couldn't. I hope I'm able to find someone to watch over it soon.
Lheao says 'Astonishing! To think that you are a master of an order thought to be lost to our world. Forgive my earlier doubts. I believe you are indeed worthy to be given the responsibility of watching over this book. Take great care that it does not fall into the wrong hands as it would be truly disastrous.
The Celestial Fists Book is illegible.
The next section for the book requires you to go to Trakanon's Teeth and find an NPC named Kaiaren. [You should wait on doing this part until you have defeated Eejag, Gwan, Trunt, Vorash, Deep and Xenovorash, because you want to spawn Sane Kaiaren when (and ONLY when) you are ready for the final turn in - otherwise he will despawn after several hours, and turning the items in to Mad Kaiaren will lead to your items being eaten.] He is located at Loc -1609, -2679, in the undead ruins.
You say, 'Hail Kaiaren'
- Kaiaren says, "AHHH get it away from me go away .. leave me alone".
You say, 'What Celestial Fists?'
- Kaiaren says 'Eh? What's that? Bah! That was destroyed long ago. Don't waste my time with fairy taAAAAAGGHHH GET IT AWAY!!!! HELP!!! They're all over MEHEHEHEHEEEEEEee!!
- Kaiaren's eyes open wide and he attacks you!
If you kill him, you'll get the response:
- 'Not bad.. Now lets see if you can find my trueform if you do we discuss this further.'
However it is not necessary to kill him. You can just Feign Death to eliminate his aggro.
Now go out and find Kaiaren's true form, which spawned when you gave the book to the angry form. This version is also called Kaiaren, and spawns at approximately +300, +2400 in a building next to the lake. He is indifferent to all.
Hand Kaiaren the book. (NOTE: The book you handed in was called Celestial Fists (book). The book you get back is called Book of Celestial Fists. Do NOT hand this book in yet, as he will also be expecting an item you have not yet obtained).
When you hand him the book, he says the following:
- Kaiaren says 'Now, then. Where did you find this, monk? This is not just some light reading to be borrowed from the town library. Who gave this to you?
You say, 'I got it from Lheao'
- Kaiaren says 'Hmmm, never heard of him. Well, it doesn't matter, the book is here now. Curse that idiot for writing it in the first place. Not even sure why I let him stick around. If you ever see that clown monk Aradiel kick him in the shins for me! At any rate, I suppose you'd like to find the Fists and [have a nice chat with them], eh? Their master owes me much. I would reward you well if you were to bring me proof of the master's defeat'
You say, 'I would like to have a nice chat with them'
- Kaiaren says 'Yes, I suppose you would. All you children looking for fame and glory will eventually learn the poison of ambition. But how will you find them? They are able to meld with their elements seamlessly and they certainly have no interest in fooling with the likes of you. No, you will need to get their attention. Fortunately, I know [how you can do this].
You say, 'How can I do this?'
- Kaiaren says, 'My guess is that the weakest of the Fists will be the easiest to draw out. He is egotistical and arrogant. How he came to master the Discipline of Fire, I do not know. He will most likely be in another form, one of his element. When you find the one you believe to be the Fist, you must challenge him. If you use his true name, Eejag, in your formal challenge, he will respond. A flame can burn intensely but it cannot last for long. Know this when you battle him.
At this point, head on over to the Lavastorm Mountains with a group and find an imp named "A Fire Sprite" and say "I challenge Eejag." There will be a shout to the zone (if no shout, it means Eejag is already up):
- Eejag shouts, "What imbecile dares challenges a Celestial Fist?! Do you even know who you are challenging? HA! You are nothing but an insect! I will enjoy crushing you, I have not charred the flesh of an idiot in decades! If you truly wish to fight me, the battle shall be held in my own element. Come, challenger, come down to the pits of flowing fire."
Head over to the fire pit by the entrances to Sol A and Sol B. Under the middle smoke plume, about half way down, you'll see Eejag (an Iksar) swimming. He cannot be pulled so you'll have to fight him where he is -- in the lava.
Once killed, he drops a Charred Scale.
- Kaiaren says 'Ahhh, impressive indeed! Now that you have broken the chain of the Fists, the others may come toppling down if you persevere. The Fist of Air is now the weakest, then Earth, and finally Water before the master of them all, Vorash. You must defeat them in order, proving the demise of the last to draw out the one you are after. The task before you now is to take this scale and show it to the Fist of Air wherever he may be. Good luck.
- a presence says 'Hahaha! That dolt Eejag fell to the likes of you? I'm not surprised. So, I guess this means you're here to challenge me. Normally, I wouldn't waste my time, but since you've defeated my younger brother, I suppose I'm obligated. I'm ready when you are, tell me when you're [prepared].
The Presence will despawn and a Human monk named Gwan appears in his place. Telling him 'I am prepared' causes him to attack (or do it the old fashioned way by engaging him first).
(NOTE: Gwan procs Fist of Air which can knock you backwards. This can be dangerous if you're too close to the island's edge.)
Once you're ready for a fight, hand him the Breath of Gwan to get this response:
- a sleeping ogre says 'Your path of wanton destruction ends here. Gwan and Eejag were impatient and hot-headed. You will not defeat me, for I have the patience and perseverance of stone, unlike the children you have beaten before me. Are you sure you want to challenge me?
He won't give you a chance to respond. Trunt, a 59th level KOS ogre will immediately spawn and attack. He is immune to magic and a tougher fight than the previous ones.
He drops Trunt's Head.
Take the head to Lake Rathetear and find a 58th level dark elf named Deep who lives in the lake. Hand Trunt's Head to her to get the following:
- Deep slowly opens her eyes and looks up at you. She stares at you a long while and then closes her eyes and lowers her head again, saying, 'Very well, if you wish death so greatly, we will be happy to oblige. My master projects part of himself in the wilder lands known as the Overthere. He has granted you an audience. Find him and show him the head of our earth brother. At that point, we will discuss how we will end your life.
Deep despawns immediately and you get the Head of Trunt back.
Hand Trunt's Head over and get the following response:
- Astral Projection looks up and down and says, 'Hmmm, I was hoping for something more impressive. This is just a small token of the last person who tried to interfere with my plans. He failed as you shall. But tell me truly, are you the one who has so rudely removed my students?'
You say, 'Yes'
- Astral Projection says 'I assume you have read about us and spoken with the old man, Kaiaren. Since that time, I have grown in power and influence to a point unseen by any mortal. Unfortunately, I will have to demonstrate a small amount of my skill when I destroy you. This is bad. I must decide whether you are worthy to see the techniques I wield, even though you will die shortly thereafter. Tell me, who are you?
You say, 'I am the one'
- Astral Projection chuckles and says, 'That's quite a boast. All beings strive for nothingness at the most basic level of sentience. However, almost none ever achieve this. Not even I have discarded my ego yet and you stand here and tell me you have? Perhaps you will be a worthy opponent. I shall be waiting in the great lake near here. Take that token as proof of things to come for you. If you still wish to throw your life away so needlessly, return it to my image there. I await your decision.'
He will give you an Eye of Kaiaren and then despawn.
The Final Fight
Deep procs Fist of Water, and hits for 170ish. Vorash procs Fist of Mastery, which is a DD and a stun, and hits for around the same as Deep. Both Deep and Vorash have no items.
Once killed, Vorash says:
- 'Foolish mortal! You think you have defeated me? Now, witness the true power of Rallos Zek!
Xenevorash will then spawn on the platform, regardless of where Vorash dies. Xenevorash procs Fist of Sentience which is a 500DD and a stun, and hits for 250.
Once he is killed, his death message is:
- Xenevorash's corpse shouts 'Grraaaagghhhh!! NOT.. POSSIBLE!
He drops Demon Fangs.
- Give Celestial Fists (book) to mad Kaiaren at the ruins in Trakanon's Teeth and he hands you back the book.
- Go to sane Kaiaren, who spawns over by the lake in TT (approx +300, +2400) after you hand in Celestial Fists (book) to mad Kaiaren.
- Hand Celestial Fists (book) to sane Kaiaren and he hands you back the book, now called Book of Celestial Fists.
- Turn in Book of Celestial Fists and Demon Fangs to sane Kaiaren to receive the monk epic, Celestial Fists.
- Kaiaren bows his head and breathes a long sigh as if relived of a great weight. He then looks up at you and says, 'I honestly did not believe you could have defeated Vorash. Even though he sought nothing but war and bloodshed, it is a life nonetheless and we must mourn him. I will sew these fangs into magical fist wraps and they shall be yours. Remember Xenevorash. A purpose can be found for every situation and individual. To achieve perfection is to perceive this truth.'