[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
The Gnoll Slayer
|Start Zone:||Qeynos Hills|
|Quest Giver:||Marton Sayer|
|Classes:||Bard, Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Shadow Knight, Warrior|
|Related Zones:||Blackburrow, Southern Karana|
|Related NPCs:||Lord Elgnub, a Lteth Val Scribe, a one eyed gnoll|
- Gnoll SlayerGnoll Slayer
LORE ITEM NODROP
Slot: PRIMARY SECONDARY
Skill: 1H Slashing Atk Delay: 28
WT: 5.0 Size: MEDIUM
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD BRD ROG
Marton Sayer may be found in a cottage in Qeynos Hills (1381, 278).
Note: This quest may be completed at Dubious faction. Since the NPC happens to be a merchant, the worst your faction could possibly be is dubious.
You say, 'Hail, Marton Sayer'
- Marton Sayer says 'Welcome. Please stock up on provisions, especially if you are headed toward the lair of the vile gnolls. If so, I wish you much luck and many gnoll pelts!! I also have knowledge of a [powerful dog]. I pray you do not encounter him.'
You say, 'What powerful dog?'
- Marton Sayer says, 'I have encountered a gnoll who spoke the common tongue. He dared to call himself Lord Elgnub. He swore that some day we would cross paths and he would snatch my infant son Joseph from our home. He would stand no chance against me and the mighty [Gnoll Slayer].'
You say, 'What is Gnoll Slayer?'
- Marton Sayer says, 'Gnoll Slayer is the mighty longsword which was passed down unto me through generations of Sayers. My days of battle are over, but I can still wield her with ferocity. The only thing more precious would be my son, Joseph Sayer. I would trade Gnoll Slayer only for him to be safe and sound at home.'
- Marton Sayer says 'Baby Joseph!! Look, Momma!! Baby Joseph has been rescued by this good adventurer!! That evil Lord Elgnub made good on his word and snatched my son from under our noses. You saved the day!! For this shall wield 'Gnoll Slayer'!! Be aware of its [true potential].'
- Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos has been adjusted by 20.
- Your faction standing with Circle of Unseen Hands has been adjusted by -4.
- Your faction standing with Antonius Bayle has been adjusted by 3.
- Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk has been adjusted by 2.
- Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos has been adjusted by 4.
You gain experience!!
NOTE: On live there is a second part to this quest. That part wasn't added until the Planes of Power expansion, and so will never exist on Project 1999.