[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
The New Worker
|Start Zone:||The Overthere|
|Quest Giver:||an undead foreman|
An undead foreman may be found at +2385, +3305.
You say, 'Hail, an undead foreman'
- an undead foreman turns to face you. You can see a faint green glow emanating from his vacant eye sockets. 'Are you a [new worker]? Huh? Speak or go!!'
You say, 'I am a new worker.'
- an undead foreman says 'Hmmph!! Too much flesh!! If you want to work, you must first fill my eye sockets with my favorite gem. This shall be your payment for your Sledgehammer.'
His favorite gem is jade. Give him a Jade.
- an undead foreman places the gem deep into his hollow eye socket. He pulls a giant sledgehammer from thin air and hands it to you. 'Here!! You shall be assigned to the lower decks of the Scaled Trident.'
You receive Worker Sledgemallet and no experience, faction hits, or coin.
Please note that if using a charm technique to obtain the mallet, the undead foremen has very high resist rates. (Four of Five Kintaz resisted and 2 of three Boltrans on 255 cha enchanter at level 55)
Raising Venril Sathir Faction
The turn-in requires amiable or higher faction standing with Venril Sathir. The quickest way to raise faction is to kill dragons in Veeshan's Peak. Alternatively, charm gives the charmer amiable faction, so Enchanters, Necromancers (undead charm spell), Bards, or anyone with Puppet Strings can perform the quest turn-in while charming the undead foreman. Enchanters/Bards can also use Dark Elf illusion and Benevolence/Cinda's Charismatic Carillon to raise their faction to amiable if you haven't reduced faction while leveling.
To raise faction the old-fashion way, complete the Protect the Shipyard quest.
- Turning in four sarnak war braids appears to give you +4.5 to Venril Sathir.
- Evil and Neutral races have better starting faction.
- Faction amounts per consider level, from this table.
- Amiable: 51 to 450
- Indifferent: -49 to 50
- Apprehensive: -449 to -50
- Dubious: -699 to -450
- Threatening: -1049 to -700
- Scowls: -2000 to -1050
If kill-on-sight (KOS) and able to Sneak, then a cast of Harmony on the marines will allow sneaking up behind Captain Rottgrime to complete the Protect the Shipyard quest. I'm told that this is possible without Harmony, but that is extremely delicate and risky. Turn ins can be Multi-Quested by having someone turn in 3 and allowing you to turn in 1 and gain the faction and experience.
The New Worker quest turn-in table is below. List each 4 Braid turn-in as one turn-in. Only list a number if its the complete range. e.g. You just turned in braids and moved from threatening to dubious then you keep track of how many it takes to go from dubious to apprehensive.
Turn-ins per Faction Level (NO PARTIAL faction level turn-in numbers)
|Race||Class||Worships||Max Scowls to >||Threatening to >||Dubious to >||Apprehensive to >||Indifferent to Amiable||Average + Per Turn in|
|Ogre||Shadow Knight||Rallos Zek||-||-||-||11||20||4.5|
|Iksar||Monk||Cazic-Thule||-||59-72¹||111 total||201 total||221 total||4.5|
|Wood Elf||Ranger||Tunare||191||70||42||88||20 (411²)||-|
¹ December 2018: Had 58 prior turn-ins (scowling), did 14 in rapid succession, was now dubious with total of 72 turn-ins. Became apprehensive after total of 111, and indifferent after total of 201, and amiable after 221 turn-ins. Jul 2019: Another examination of the logs shows that I had killed 2 A scorpikis at some point, which would skew the faction, so final total for Iksar monk might actually be closer to 198 rather than 211.
² Logging failed multiple times (due to character surfing and repeated logins and logouts) so can not be sure of exact numbers.
Starting Faction to next Faction Level Table
|Race||Class||Worships||Starting Faction||Turn-ins til next Faction Level|
|Dark Elf||Wizard||Solusek Ro||Apprehensive||11|