[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Trooper Scale Armor
|Start Zone:||The Overthere|
|Quest Giver:||Xlixinar Arcut, Drixiv Arcut|
Full Set bonuses: 105AC, +13Sta, +16Str, +8Dex, +8Agi, +5Cha, +5Wis, +4Int, +45HP, +5SvD, +5SvP, +9SvM, +2SvC, +2SvF
- Trooper Scale BootsQuest Giver: Drixiv ArcutTrooper Scale Boots
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
CHA: +5 AGI: +5
SV DISEASE: +3 SV POISON: +3
WT: 4.0 Size: MEDIUM
- Trooper Scale BracersQuest Giver: Drixiv ArcutTrooper Scale Bracers
DEX: +2 STA: +4 INT: +2
WT: 1.5 Size: SMALL
- Trooper Scale BreastplateQuest Giver: Xlixinar ArcutTrooper Scale Breastplate
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
STA: +5 HP: +25
SV MAGIC: +5
WT: 7.0 Size: LARGE
- Trooper Scale GauntletsQuest Giver: Drixiv ArcutTrooper Scale Gauntlets
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
STR: +5 DEX: +2
WT: 2.5 Size: SMALL
- Trooper Scale GreavesQuest Giver: Drixiv ArcutTrooper Scale Greaves
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
STR: +2 AGI: +3
SV FIRE: +2 SV COLD: +2
WT: 5.0 Size: LARGE
- Trooper Scale HelmQuest Giver: Xlixinar ArcutTrooper Scale Helm
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
STR: +5 WIS: +5
SV MAGIC: +2
WT: 3.5 Size: SMALL
- Trooper Scale PauldronQuest Giver: Xlixinar ArcutTrooper Scale Pauldron
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
STR: +2 HP: +20
SV MAGIC: +2
WT: 3.0 Size: SMALL
- Trooper Scale VambracesQuest Giver: Xlixinar ArcutTrooper Scale Vambraces
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM
STR: +2 DEX: +2
SV DISEASE: +2 SV POISON: +2
WT: 3.0 Size: SMALL
For this armor set, you hand in the recommendation you get from the 'sub' quest along with the proper piece of banded. Banded arms with vambraces recommendation, ect. As far as I know only the standard regular banded works.
For the most part you do not actually need to get the notes from the starting quest givers. They simply are used to get the other npcs who give the recommendations to talk about the quest.
Both Xlixinar Arcut and Drixiv Arcut are located approx. -1400, -1415, -50, at the edge of the pit. They are on ikky warrior's guild faction, so ikkys and those liked by them arn't KoS. Also as far as i know, anyone can hand in the pieces, and all the armor is tradable.
There is an exception for the vambraces since when you hand in the note you get a sword, you MUST hand back in later on for the recommendation.
- Drixiv Arcut says 'You wish the boots worn by the ancients? Then you must first master the virtue of confidence. For our brothers of the dead, confidence is the virtue that allows them to control the forces that would tear them apart if they knew it not. When a warrior steps, he must be confident, for a weak step cannot crush your enemies. Take this note to the current Harbinger in Cabilis and learn from him.
- Harbinger Glosk hisses and says venomously, 'And I am disturbed yet again. I hope for your sake it is important.' The gaunt necromancer looks down at the paper in his hands and after reading a few lines gasps, then falls into a violent coughing fit. After recovering he takes a deep breath, puffs his chest out and hands the paper back to you. With his head held high, he says in a raspy voice, 'Show this to Rixiz. He will test you.'
- Master Rixiz takes the note and after reading a few lines opens his eyes wide in astonishment. He looks up at you and stares at you a while before he says, 'You spoke to the Brothers? A common soldier such as yourself interested in silly stories to frighten broodlings? Fine, then. You shall know confidence, if you live. If you have the strength to stride into a lair, go before the owner, and kill that thing in its own home, you will acquire a small part of the virtue we as necromancers must master to ply our art. In the Frontier Mountains lives a unit of the troublesome burynai. Invade their home and destroy their leader. Bring me proof and two fire emeralds.'
Hand the recommendation and banded boots to Drixiv Arcut to get your trooper scale boots.
- Drixiv Arcut says 'The bracers of our ancestors embody righteousness. When we strike, and our forearms are soaked in the blood of our enemies, our purpose must be pure. Else that blood will burn our souls and anger that which we live for. Go and find the Archduke in Cabilis and give him my note. He will teach you of righteousness. For if our chosen did not know righteousness, our people would not be. Go!
- Arch Duke Xog takes the note and glances at it briefly then lets out a heavy sigh and stares out over the city for several minutes. Finally he says quietly, 'Several months ago we lost contact with one of our crusaders. His name is, or was, Geanik. The last we heard from him he was furthering our cause against the loathsome Goblins that reside in Warsliks Wood. Just recently we were visited by a [strange Iksar].
You say, 'what strange iksar'
- Arch Duke Xog says 'Yes, he was dressed in rags and hadn't eaten in days. He rambled on about seemingly nothing, obviously he had lost his mind at some point. The guards brought him in because he told them he had valuable information concerning a captured Crusader. According to the mad man, our missing knight was captured by a group of cultists that follow a false god. The cultists intend on converting him apparently. Your [test] will concern Geanik.
You say, 'what test'
- Arch Duke Xog says 'Learning Righteousness is learning to listen to one's own heart. At all times our Lord of Fear speaks to us. Our heart is through which he speaks. If we are pure in action and undistracted in mind we can hear the very words of our Father. Your test will be to find our lost Crusader. When you find him you must listen, and act based on what you hear. If your actions are Righteous, I will give you my reference. Bring me proof of your action and two sapphires.
Note: Changed on Oct 8, 2013 patch: "The quest no longer returns two bracers; you may complete the quest more than once."
- Xlixinar Arcut says 'The monk is the master of focus, the shaman of sacrifice and the shadowknight of righteousness. Lastly, our brothers of the dark know confidence. It is then our duty to know perseverance more than any other. When others fall from spear and sword, we must stand. When others are washed away by fire and ice, we must stand. When others are frustrated and confused, we must continue on. There is a warrior in the swamp near the city. He is an exile, like my brother and I. He knows more about it.
- Grik the Exile snickers to himself and looks out over the swamp for a moment before saying, 'Perseverance is indeed our greatest virtue. Perhaps if we as warriors looked more to cultivate our virtue rather than to hoard glory our people would be rulers of this entire land. I will send you on a [mission] to learn of perseverance.
If you complete it I will give you my reference.'
You say, 'what mission'
- Grik the Exile says 'If you have not noticed the new intelligent races that have found it's way to our land, you will see soon. They have built a small outpost far to the south along the ocean. If they go unchecked, their outpost will become a city from which they will cause us much discomfort. They are strong and have experienced [mercenaries] in their employ.
You say, 'what mercenaries'
- Grik the Exile says 'Yes. In particular, a company of mercenaries commanded by a human known as Streaven. He has personally thwarted an operation I was in charge of. I will make him pay for his interference. You will kill Streaven. But first you must [draw him out], as he is not a fool.
You say, 'how do I draw him out'
- Grik the Exile says 'While Streaven is not foolish he has made a mistake. He's taken a young and ambitious noble on as an officer in his company. This noble represents a source of funds and as such Streaven most likely will come to his aid if endangered. Our spies have reported that he has been implanted with some sort of device that will alert the commander of any danger. You must retrieve this [implant].
You say, 'what implant'
- Grik the Exile says 'The implant is buried deep within this noble's head. Retrieving it will most likely leave quite a traumatic wound. Once you have the implant you must take it to an agent that will be in the area. This agent is one of the Kotiz Brood, a necromancer. Her name is Vekis and she will be able to activate the implant and draw Streaven out. She will only appear after you have dispatched the noble and she will go back into hiding shortly there after, so you must [find her] quickly.
You say, 'where do I find her'
- Grik the Exile says 'She will be near one of our ancient statues along the coast. You need only hand her the implant for her to activate it. Once he is away from the guards you will have your chance. Bring me Streaven's Head and 3 rubies and you will have your reference for the Arcut. Remember that your perseverance is your greatest virtue and will carry you to victory always.
First you have to kill Sergeant Daelione in FV and loot Daelione's Implant. After killing him a npc named Vekis spawns near the giant Iksar statue where the river meets the lake. You hand her the implant which causes Commander Straeven to spawn back at the town on the bridge. You then kill him, loot Straeven's Head and hand it and 3 Rubys to Grik the Exiled. Grik can be found in the Swamp of No Hope, at approximately +1400, -1350. He has a place holder, Farik the Vile. Kill Farik until Grik spawns if he is not up yet. Grik will give you Grik's Recommendation.
Hand the recommendation and a banded mail to Xlixinar Arcut to get your Trooper Scale Chestplate.
- Drixiv Arcut says 'Our hands are our most useful and deadly instruments, after our minds. When we use them other than in service of our lord and ancestors, our actions are false. Without knowing righteousness we can never be sure if our actions are in the name of fear. The Chosen, the Crusaders of Greenmist, know fear intimately. Their actions are never without the blessing of our lord. Take this note to the Archduke. He will recognize my writing and instruct you.
- Arch Duke Xog takes the note without even a glance in your direction and begins reading. After a long silence, he lets his arms drop to his sides and says quietly, 'We kill, Glaakt. That is our job, our duty in life. Our targets are chosen for us. We merely listen. Right now I am being told there is a traitor not far from here, near the ocean. Go to him and end his life. Bring me his head, and two star rubies. As you do this, try hard to listen to our Lord's instruction. If you hear even a whisper, you will know more righteousness than most of this city.'
Then hand in your recommendation along with a banded gauntlets to Drixiv Arcut for your Trooper Scale Gauntlets.
All the required pieces for this one are tradable for the record.
- Drixiv Arcut says 'Our legs move us forward. If we move with hesitance we will surely fall and leave our charge exposed. Before you can wear the greaves, you must learn from the Brood of Kotiz. For if they did not wield their powers over the dead with confidence, their life forces would be sucked from them instantly, leaving them empty husks. Take this note to the Harbinger and listen to his instructions.
- Harbinger Glosk snatches the note out of your hands, obviously irritated. After reading a few lines, he glances up at you, his brow furrowed, then looks down again to continue reading. When he's finished, he hands the note back to you and takes a deep breath, shuddering slightly. He then says, 'Xydoz. Take this to Xydoz. He will test you.' The Harbinger watches you carefully as you leave.
- Master Xydoz snatches the paper from your hand and hisses in anger. Without even looking at the paper he growls, 'WHAT?! What is this tra...' He stares down at the paper, mouth hanging open wide in disbelief. He finally continues, saying, 'Very well, then. If you wish to know confidence I have a task for you. Our hated enemies, the sarnak, have a tome we have sought to return to our libraries for centuries. At this point, we believe it to be found in a small fortress they maintain near the Great Lake. One of their scholars will most likely have it on their person. Bring it to me along with two star rubies.'
Hand in your recommendation and banded leggings to Drixiv Arcut for your Trooper Scale Greaves.
- Xlixinar Arcut says 'You must first learn focus before being awarded the legionnaire scale helm. The Swifttails are the masters of focus and as such you will learn from the Grand Master of the Court. It has been so long, I do not know who is Grand Master now. Whoever it is, give him this note and follow his instruction. Once you have learned, return to us and the helm will be yours.
- Grand Master Glox sits whispering incoherently for a long moment before even regarding the note you dropped in front of him. The Grand Master suddenly snatches up the note from Xlixinar, removes a small charcoal marker from a belt pouch, and scrawls some intructions upon it. He drops the note immediately after finishing and resumes his meditation without a word.
The note reads:
Glox's Instructions Atop the ancient tower of Kurn lives a mole. This mole has unwittingly taught the Swifttails much. It has taught us focus. Go into the tower, sit and meditate near his burrow, and settle yourself. When it peers out to look for food, use all of your pent up ferocity and kill the mole quickly. Upon its neck will be a collar. Return to me the collar and 2 star rubies and I will give you my reference for the Arcut.
Then hand in your recommendation along with a banded helm to Xlixinar Arcut for your Trooper Scale Helm.
There is not many details on this one, but its one of the easier ones. You get the note from Xlixinar Arcut in Overthere. Then hand that note to Prime Hierophant Vek. He wants you to make a potion that requires a little bit of tradeskill'ing.First you make Spine Poison Extract, which is baked (trivial 21). It requires Gray Colored Ice (ground spawn on the highest peak in the Frontier Mountains), (2)two
Skill: Throwingv1 Atk Delay: 25
Effect: Poison (Combat, Casting Time: Instant) at Level 20
WT: 4.0 Range: 40 Size: SMALL
Class: ALL except CLR PAL DRU SHM
After all that you give the Grayish Liquid to a froglok slave in East Cab, which kills it and gives you Froglok Goo. Before turning this in you will need an enchanter to charm the slave for you, as you must con indifferently to complete this portion of the turn in. Three slaves spawn near the abandoned building near the Cabilis Bank, after a while they walk over to the zone out area to the Field of Bone.
Finally give the Froglok Goo and 2 Fire Emeralds to 'Prime Hierophant Vek' for your recommendation.
Then bring the reccommendation along with a banded mantle to Xlixinar Arcut for your Trooper Scale Pauldron.
Note: For this one you must get the letter from Xlixinar Arcut. (Say 'what vambraces" to him to get the letter)
- Xlixinar Arcut says 'Our arms carry more than the weapons of war and the hands that make use of them. We sacrifice the strength in our arms to carry our duties and obligations. Unless we can sacrifice our own bodies and abilities to carry these ideals, we will never be fit to protect the Chosen. Take this note to the master of the mystics in Cabilis, he will teach you a lesson in sacrifice.'
- Prime Hierophant Vek stares down at the note, confused, until he recognizes the writing and gasps in shock! 'You spoke to the Brothers? You, a simple Legionnaire? Well, no matter, you are here to test your virtue of sacrifice and we will take pleasure in it as we have for generations even before the Fallen Brothers. One of our greatest allies in pain is disease. In the woods outside our fair city is a small tribe of goblins. There is a certain goblin famed for his [unique weapon]. Take this knife and use it to cut this from the goblin. Then return his weapon, the knife, a sapphire, and an opal to me.'
You say, 'What unique weapon?'
- Prime Hierophant Vek says 'This goblin is known as a pit fighter. Though they are small, weak, and unintelligent, they still maintain a level of ferocity that surpasses that of most wild animals. This, along with a disgusting and perverse imagination, has allowed these pit fighters to reach heights of physical power most Iksar never see. This particular fighter uses his tongue liberally while fighting. He has ingested many deadly contagions and licked things from the slimy surfaces of the darkest and dankest crevasses imaginable. His tongue will do well to further our cause in pain and suffering.'
Kill Pit Fighter Dob in 'Warsliks Wood' and loot his Diseased Tongue. Hand the tongue, a Sapphire, an Opal, AND the knife he gives you when you hand in the note. Do not forget this. This is the one piece you must actually go get the note for.
After that hand the recommendation and banded sleeves to Xlixinar Arcut for your Scaled Trooper Vambraces.