[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Tunare Symbol Quests
|Start Zone:||Northern Felwithe|
|Quest Giver:||Yeolarn Bronzeleaf|
|Related Zones:||Greater Faydark, Lesser Faydark|
|Related NPCs:||a decaying skeleton, a rancorous ghast, Larik Z`Vole, a dark elf courier, a werebat|
Initiate Symbol of Tunare
- (optional) Northern Felwithe: Give Yeolarn Bronzeleaf 4x Bone Chips
- Lesser Faydark: Kill A rancorous ghast between 8pm and 6am to collect 4x Putrescent Heart
- Northern Felwithe: Give Yeolarn Bronzeleaf 4x Putrescent Heart and receive Initiate Symbol of Tunare.
Note: the hearts can be mq'd as long as Yeolarn responds positively to "I will be an initiate of Tunare."
Disciple Symbol of Tunare
- Lesser Faydark: Kill Larik Z`Vole and loot Larik Z`Vole's Head (7pm - 6am)
- Lesser Faydark: Quickly head east and track A dark elf courier, kill and loot Teir`Dal Courier's Head and Teir`Dal Crate
- Northern Felwithe: Give Yeolarn Bronzeleaf the Initiate Symbol of Tunare, Larik Z`Vole's Head, Teir`Dal Courier's Head and Teir`Dal Crate. Receive Disciple Symbol of Tunare
Note: This part is confirmed MQ'able as well. Unknown if lower faction will influence Yeolearn accepting both heads + crate. Both characters were amiable.
Warden Symbol of Tunare
- Split Paw: Kill various Gnolls and loot White Hellebore (droppable)
- Solusek A: Kill various goblin shamen and loot Pouch of Red Dust
- Unrest: Kill a werebat and loot Thick Caustic Fluid (or from a Dark Offerer in Mistmoore)
- Northern Felwithe: Say to Yeolarn Bronzeleaf 'I am ready to become a Warden of Tunare.' Receive Black Stone Candlestick
- Erudin Palace: Give Trilani Parlone the Black Stone Candlestick to receive Magical Suspension Fluid
- Brew the Magical Suspension Fluid, Thick Caustic Fluid, Pouch of Red Dust, and the White Hellebore in a brew barrel (149 < triv < 170 and apparently no-fail)
- Erudin Palace: Give Trilani Parlone the Divinatory concoction, receive Powder of Unanimation
- Northern Felwithe: Give Yeolarn Bronzeleaf the Disciple Symbol of Tunare and Powder of Unanimation to receive Warden Symbol of Tunare
Initiate Symbol of Tunare
UPDATE 5/25/18 If you're playing a Tunare Druid this is a "must do" quest. The clicky grasping roots saves you so much mana on those high resist mobs.
You say, 'hail Yeolarn Bronzeleaf'
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'Hail, _______ ! We of Tunare are charged with protecting the Great Mother from the forces of Innoruuk. Even now, the evil minions of this foul deity are despoiling our great forest. Will you help us [protect the Mother]?
You say, 'I will protect the Mother'
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'Just outside the gates of Felwithe, the forces of Innoruuk gather in the guise of decaying skeletons. Bring me four sets of bone chips as proof of your vigilance. I assure you, your faith shall not go unrewarded.
Give him the 4x Bone Chips:
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'Praise Tunare! I knew you would be victorious. I reward you with this spell, and pray that it will help you in your fight against the unholy forces of Innoruk. When you are ready you will make a fine [Initiate of Tunare].
You gain experience!!
You say, 'What Initiate of Tunare?'
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'The Teir'Dal behind the undead plague in our forest have discovered a means of creating a terrible undead called a Ghast. These Ghasts have been sighted in the Lesser Faydark and must be destroyed. Bring me four of the vile creatures hearts.
A rancorous ghast's spawn only at night (7pm-6am in-game time) (use /time) and the undead are the placeholders for them.
Give him four Putrescent Hearts:
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'I requested four Ghast hearts!
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'Praise Tunare!! You have done well young Initiate. Here the symbol of your station within our faith. Return to me when you are ready to [slay the necromancer] that has been creating the undead.
You gain experience!! You receive Initiate Symbol of Tunare
After this, you can then do the disciple quest to get the next level necklace.
Disciple Symbol of Tunare
You must first do the initiate quest.
You say, 'I will slay the Necromancer'
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'The Fier'Dal rangers that inhabit the Lesser Faydark have spotted a courier making deliveries to the Teir'Dal camp near Castle Mistmoore and to a necromancer that lingers near the ancient obelisk. We believe that the crates he carries are supplies needed for the creation of more Ghasts. Another shipment should be arriving soon. Seek out the necromancer at the obelisk and take his head then take the head of the courier and return them to me with the crate that the courier carries and your Initiate Symbol of Tunare.
The courier is making deliveries to the Teir'Dal camp near Castle Mistmoore and to a necromancer that lingers near the ancient obelisk. We believe that the crates he carries are supplies needed for the creation of more Ghasts. Another shipment should be arriving soon. Seek out the necromancer at the obelisk and take his head then take the head of the courier and return them to me with the crate that the courier carries and your Initiate Symbol of Tunare.
- Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'I require the head of the necromancer, the head of the courier, the crate the courier carries and your Initiate Symbol'
The necromancer's name is Larik Z`Vole that spawns at "The Haunted Shrine" in Lesser Faydark. His placeholder is the central undead on the lowest step. He never spawns during in-game day hours (7am-6pm), but has a chance to spawn every time his placeholder respawns at night (7pm-6am). This placeholder will automatically respawn around 7-8pm, even if it was already spawned or you are fighting it. (This means he can pop up by himself every night!) If you camp this placeholder and kill it every respawn starting at 7-8pm, you get roughly 3 chances at Larik each night cycle. Edit: You only get 2 _solid_ chances. The spawn near 6AM gives you very little time to kill the Necromancer and the Courier before the daylight hits despawning both.
UPDATE 5/25/18 I spend hours trying to spawn him. When he did I still needed the 1 Putrescent heart and wouldnt you know he spawned AGAIN. Patience.
Quickly loot Larik Z`Vole's Head
Once he is killed, race to the Teir'Dal camp and start tracking for a dark elf courier. Note: He will approach the Tier'Dal camp from the North-East side. Find him and kill him before he reaches the Teir'Dal camp or he will despawn once there. Loot Teir`Dal Courier's Head and Teir`Dal Crate. NOTE: It is wise to bind near the camp before camping Larik so you can simply gate back and start tracking. The courier comes from the northeast of the camp and he runs fairly quick. He's probably around level 25-30. UPDATE 5/25/18 soloed him at lvl 30 with average gear.
Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'Praise Tunare! The Mother smiles on you this day Disciple Angelsyn! I present you with the symbol of your new station among the Priests of Tunare. Return to me when you are ready to become a [Warden of Tunare].
You gain experience!! You receive Disciple Symbol of Tunare
Warden Symbol of Tunare
(You have to do the first 2 quests before starting this quest)
You say 'I am ready to become a Warden of Tunare.'
Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'The crate that the you recovered from the Courier contained this black candlestick that radiates an aura of great magical power. I request that you deliver the candlestick to Lady Trilani who is studying with the High Men in Erudin. Perhaps she can divine the nature of the candlestick and offer aid in defeating its power. The remaining contents of the crate have been given to Crusader Swiftmoon to be delivered to a gnome in steamfont that is purchasing them on behalf of the Eldrich Collective. When you return be sure to present your Disciple Symbol to me with anything that Trilani may ask you to deliver.'
You receive a Black Stone Candlestick. Take this to Trilani Parlone (The Mystic Cloak Quest NPC) in the Erudin Palace.
You say, 'Hail Trilani Parlone'
Give her the candle
You receive a Magical Suspension Fluid vial.
Trilani Parlone says 'I can sense the dark magic that rests within this candlestick. I will need you to concoct a divinatory aid for me before I can discern more. Take this suspension and brew it in a brew barrel with one white hellebore, a pouch of the red dust created by the Fire Peak goblin wizards, and the caustic substance used by the Dark Offerers in Mayong Mistmoore's wicked castle.'
For a Thick Caustic Fluid, head to The Estate of Unrest and hunt A werebat. Or you can do as Trilani says and head to Mistmoore Castle and hunt A Dark Offerer. If you chose the Mistmoore route , you can just kill all the mobs at the top of the bridge area and one will eventually path out and stand there. I found that the Werebats were much quicker as a 55 lvl Druid. UPDATE: For werebats, go into the basement of Unrest. When you get to the first big room in the basement, you will see hags and werebats in small alcoves. If you root and kill them in place, you can hunt them individually. UPDATE: 5/25/18 Wolf Form in Unrest and go to basement. If a group is there wait and ask to loot the Thick Caustic Fluid. Its a fairly common drop.
Now we will head to Lavastorm Mountains and kill goblins for a Pouch of Red Dust. This could be 1 kill or 40+ kills. It is just a luck of the draw on the drop. I found one on a Fire goblin shaman at camp 2 just above SolB.
UPDATE: Found none in Lavastorm Mountains but found them very, very easily inside Sol A.
UPDATE: It took me 20+ kills in Sol A to find the Red Dust. Probably would have been safer in Lavastorm Mountains.
UPDATE: 5/25/18 took me 24 kills at the camp by the druid ring. Got it off a Wizard.
UPDATE: 4/14/19 nearly 40 kills in lava camp by druid ring, but got it off a fire goblin scout. If you can make it, it tends to drop commonly in SolA Bartender camp, but you have to get past see-invis mobs to get there.
Now we need to go to South Karana and go to Splitpaw Lair as it's the SplitPaw Gnolls that drop White Hellebore. An /auction in SK or Paw itself should result in someone who has looted the Hellebore off a gnoll. If not, go to the waterfall area and go behind to find a group of A hiding gnoll. These have a very good drop rate of the White Hellebore.
UPDATE: 5/25/18 offered 50p in zone and got one in 5 min.
Brew the Magical Suspension Fluid, Thick Caustic Fluid, Pouch of Red Dust, and the White Hellebore) in a brew barrel There is a brewing barrel back in Erudin (not the palace). Go into the two-story building behind Erudin Surplus. There is a pottery wheel and kiln next to the door. The brewing barrel is behind the counter and up a flight a stairs on the second floor.
My brewing was at 170 and I got a report that this mixture was trivial so I'm going to assume you could fail at it. At least get 50 in brewing before even thinking of doing this as you will see how long it takes to acquire these items.
UPDATE: Combining was not trivial with brewing of 149 and did not fail.
UPDATE: Recipe did not fail with 62 ranks in brewing. It was also not trivial at 62. Unsure if failure is possible.
UPDATE: Did the combine with skill 83 and it was not trivial at this point - it also didn't fail though.
UPDATE: Tried it with 46 brewing, did not fail.
UPDATE: Tried with 0 brewing skill on 7/8/17 and did not fail.
UPDATE: Combined with 0 brewing skill on 4/14/19, did not fail but did give ERROR 8053, still combined.
Give the Divinatory concoction to Trilani
Trilani Parlone performs a subtle divinatory ritual.
'This is a powerful evil indeed. The smoke from special candles crafted by the Teir'Dal and burned in this candlestick allows the creation of undead of unordinary might. The Ghasts are only one of it's many possible creations. I will concoct a powder for you to take back to Yeolarn that will assist in defeating the monstrosities the candle has produced. The candlestick itself will remain here within the High Tower of Erudin for the time being.'
You receive Powder of Unanimation
Take this powder back to Yeolarn.
Yeolarn Bronzeleaf says 'Praise Tunare!! I will have our sorcerers examine this powder immediately to see if we can reproduce it in quantities enough to eliminate the undead plague. I award you the rank of Warden of Tunare, the All Mother smiles upon you <Character Name> !
You gain experience!! You receive Warden Symbol of Tunare