[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Cloaks your target in a mystic veil, making them invisible to many creatures.
- Must be grouped with your target.
- This spell is comparable to the Druid's Superior Camouflage or the Necromancer's self-only Gather Shadows.
- Players may see invisible players and NPCs with See Invisible and similar spells.
- All forms of invisibility are incompatible with pet ownership, summoned pets will be dismissed and charmed pets will break their charm spell.
- Certain actions will immediately break invis, such as turning on auto-attack, casting a spell, using certain combat skills, being damaged by an attack or direct-damage spell, opening (but not receiving) a trade window, looting corpses or getting the invis buff dispelled. This list might not be exhaustive.
- All un-improved invisibility spells can randomly break early, sometimes mere seconds after casting. As such, invisibility should be treated as a method for mitigating risk of aggro, not eliminating it completely.
- Many creatures may innately see invis. All undead can be expected to see invis, animals often tend not to see invis, humanoids and other monsters are a mixed bag. It is possible for NPCs to receive a buff which allows them to see invis from other NPCs, but caster NPCs don't typically have those spells memorized. Charmed pets which were given buffs which enable them to see invis will retain such buffs until they expire.
- To confirm if a non-indifferent NPC can see invis, cast invis on yourself and /consider it. If the faction message changes to indifferent, then it will not see you. If the faction message is anything else, it can still see you. If an NPC was indifferent to you to begin with, this method will not be informative.
|Casting Time||5.00||Recast Time||2.25|
|Spell Type||Beneficial||Duration||12 minutes @L4 to 20 minutes @L7|
|Cast on You||You vanish.|
|Cast on Other||Someone fades away.|
|Wears Off||You appear.|
Items with Spell Effect
- Cloudy PotionCloudy Potion
EXPENDABLE Charges: 1
Effect: Invisibility (Any Slot, Casting Time: Instant) at level 1
WT: 0.8 Size: SMALL
- Beguiler's SlippersBeguiler's Slippers
MAGIC ITEM NO DROP
CHA: +4 MANA: +35
SV FIRE: +2 SV DISEASE: +2 SV COLD: +2 SV MAGIC: +2 SV POISON: +2
Effect: Invisibility (Must Equip, Casting Time: 8.0)
WT: 0.5 Size: SMALL
Race: HUM ERU HIE DEF GNM
Where to Obtain
|Ak'Anon||Clockwork Merchant (LG-2)||Library||(1074,-1004)|
|Ak'Anon||Clockwork Merchant (NG-6)||Necromancer Guild||(2085,-370)|
|East Cabilis||Vessel Kirtokk||Temple of Terror (First Floor)||(1039,-213)|
|Erudin Palace||Telor Beteria||Magician Guild (Outside)||(703,806)|
|Neriak - Commons||Tkaz H'Rugla||Caster Guild (F1)||(160,-968)|
|Oasis of Marr||Gadallion||Gypsy Camp||(495,0)|
|Paineel||Nedorl Ipabrun||Necromancer Guild||(674,805)|
|South Qeynos||Pai Berenis||Caster Guild||(309,-608)|
|Southern Felwithe||Srell Tumblebrook||Building just inside zone||(450,-810)|
|West Freeport||Xinari Anara||Caster Guild (F2)||(138,-755)|