[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
NOTE: This page is a work in progress. The goal is to get a set of step-by-step instructions that cover everything a new player on Project 1999 needs. Currently only a skeleton exists, and wiki pages for things like how to patch the client or how to create an EQ Emulator need to be added.
Welcome to Project 1999, the Internet's most successful emulated EverQuest server (and also the only emulated server to faithfully limit itself to only the Kunark and Velious expansions). Getting started is easy, and this page will walk you through the process.
Steps to Get Started
To get started playing on Project 1999 you should follow these steps:
- Coming Soon: Read all of the server rules
- Acquire the "Titanium" EverQuest Client - This must be the Titanium client and not any other version of EverQuest. This version is not available for purchase anymore, but the link provides information on how to acquire it.
- Install the Titanium Client
- Patch Your Client
- Coming Soon: Start EQ properly (ie. run eqgame.exe patchme)
- Create a forum and EQ Emulator/Login Server account
- Select the appropriate server (Project 1999: Blue)
- Create your character and then start playing!
- If you have any problems see the Tech Support pages or the Technical Forum in the Project 1999 Forums