[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Often times in EverQuest it is possible to lower your standing with a particular faction (or, in some cases, simply start with low enough standing) to the point where it's no longer possible to complete quests with that faction to improve your standing. For some factions this isn't a problem, as you can repeatedly kill a particular mob to earn back your standing with that faction.
If a particular faction can't be raised by killing a mob however, you may be at an impasse: you can't raise your faction standing because you can't complete quests, but you can't complete quests without greater faction. In these instances there are a few tricks you can employ to temporarily raise your faction standing long enough to complete quest turn-ins (and fix your faction standing permanently).
Racial Faction Fixes
- Wolf Form or Share Wolf Form: Druids can cast a spell which temporarilty changes your race to wolf. This *might* improve your standing with some factions, although it may also lower it with some factions (eg. the Coldain).
- Ball of Golem Clay: Changes your race to An Earth Elemental; as a race with neutral faction to almost anyone, this can overcome many racial faction standing problems
Other Faction Fixes
- Sneak: Successfully sneaking while not in line of sight of any mobs raises (or lowers) your standing with that mob to Indifferent, and since you can complete quest turn-ins while sneaking this can overcome many faction standing problems
- Harmony + Invisibility: Similar to sneaking above, this trick works by having someone first Harmony the mob in question, making it possible for the player with low faction standing to get close without aggroing them. That player then starts the turn-in (which breaks any Invisibility), but before completing it they have another player cast some form of Invisibility on them, making it so that the first player is invisible (and thus at an Indifferent faction standing) when the turn-in resolves.
- Alliance: Enchanters have a spell they can cast which raises their standing with a particular mob.
- Cinda's Charismatic Carillon: Bards have a song they can sing which raises their standing with a particular mob; note that wind instruments greatly improve the effect!
- Ornate Velium Pendant: Non-Enchanter characters can get the benefits of Alliance by instead using this item to cast it
Faction "Fixes" Which Don't Work
Charm(either from players or Puppet Strings): While charming a mob does change its standing with you, it also negates any faction rewards from completing quests, which makes charm un-helpful for fixing faction.