[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
The Pirate Ship
|Start Zone:||Western Wastes|
|Quest Giver:||Breezeboot Swordrattler|
|Classes:||Paladin, Ranger, Rogue, Shadow Knight, Warrior|
|Related Zones:||Cobalt Scar, Iceclad Ocean|
|Related NPCs:||Tranala, a haunted seachest|
- Breezeboot's Frigid GnasherBreezeboot's Frigid Gnasher
MAGIC ITEM LORE ITEM NO DROP
Slot: RANGE PRIMARY
Skill: Archery Atk Delay: 50
Effect: Knockback (Must Equip, Casting Time: 10.0) at Level 35
WT: 25.0 Range: 150 Size: GIANT
Class: WAR PAL RNG SHD ROG
Race: HUM BAR ELF DEF HEF DWF
TRL OGR HFL GNM IKS
WARNING: While this quest is in the game (it was restored on 2/13/2016 after some confusion about Velious dates), one of the three items required for it, Seaworthy Planking, no longer spawns on P99 Blue, Green or Red Server (although pre-existing planks were not removed). Thus, to complete this quest you will need to find a player who still has a Seaworthy Planking from before it was removed, and you will need to multi-quest with them to complete it.
You say, 'Hail, Breezeboot Swordrattler'
- Breezeboot Swordrattler says 'Arr! Well, blow me down and hoist me mizzenmast! Swab the fo'c'sle and kick the bosun! Arrgh, to the four winds with this! I am cold, wet, hungry, shipwrecked, and bloody tired of playing at being a pirate. Breezeboot is not really my name, but it will do for now. I do not know how you got here, but you give me hope of escaping this frozen hell. We have been shipwrecked here for weeks now, though that is a long story.
You say, 'what long story'
- Breezeboot Swordrattler says 'We were trying to make a good coastal map of Velious, you understand, and to do that, we needed to circumnavigate the continent. Figured we might find some treasure too. It was not an easy trip, but the boys I brought along are pretty good sailors, and they all know their business, unlike that group of pretend pirates back at the Iceclad landing. We were doing fine until a storm blew up, and ran us right into these rocks. Our port screw, or was that starboard, anyway, the one on the left, broke on the bottom, and we started shipping water, floodiing the boiler. There is no way we can repair the damage. So here we are - stuck!
You say, 'I will help you'
- Breezeboot Swordrattler says 'Well, we will need lumber - a good bit of it. I saw some likely wrecks when we sailed up the Cobalt Scar, you might want to look there. We also need rope, a lot of it, to lash the logs together, at least one hundred feet. Finally, we need something we can use as a sail - I do not like the idea of trying to paddle all the way back. I am not sure what you can find for that, but it needs to be strong, light, and not pass much air. Gather all that up, and come see me. I think I might have a bit of plunder and booty I can part with, in payment.
Breezeboot needs you to collect the following items:
- Sail -- A Huge Drake Wing which is dropped by Tranala and Travala, L65 named drakes in Western Wastes.
- Rope -- 100' of Waterproofed Rope which drops off of a haunted seachest, a L40 mob which can be found in Cobalt Scar (In water, near sunken ships).
- Lumber -- Seaworthy Planking. This item no longer spawns on P99 Blue, Green or Red Server (although pre-existing planks were not removed).
Bring him these three items for your reward.