[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Balers Useful Info
Tricks and Tips I've picked up during my journey on Project 1999
Mage Chain Summoning
- /pause 1, /pet back
- /pet follow
- Summon your fire pet and make sure it damage shields it self before you begin combat.
- Attack monster with fire pet.
- When your fire pet begins to get towards low life ~35% or less (you judge what low life is!) Begin summoning a new fire pet and Target the monster you're fighting.
- Just before you finish summoning your new fire pet. Click Go Away on your current pet. Then click attack for your new fire pet.
- Once the new fire pet has agro, tap the macro hotkey until your fire pet thinks it is idle and damage shields it self.
- If the monster still has plenty of life go back to step 3. Otherwise continue to step 7.
- Does the monster you're fighting flee at low life?
- If Yes the monster is fleeing, Use the torch clickie to Relcaim some mana. Or command your pet to Go Away and Then finish the monster a Direct Damage spell.
- If No, Begin casting your Direct Damage spell when you know it will kill the monster. Just before you finish casting command your pet to Go Away.
Never use a direct damage spell other than a finisher or emergency nuke spam.
Never use magician pet healing spells. The mana efficiency is terrible.
Remember to carry multiple stacks of malachite.
Ask an Enchanter for Clarity.
Keep a stun loaded.
Use pet guard to position your pet away from you while you're not engaged in combat. That way if it breaks it wont already be in your face punching you to pieces.
200 CHA + 59+ shaman = 255 cha
205 CHA + self buff = 255 cha
>255 CHA buffed is your goal!<
Make sure the mob is tashed and preferably malo'd. Give it -magic resist items.
The lower your charmed pet's magic resist is the better, generally.
Charm the lowest level creature that is capable of doing what you want to do with it.
Shm Canni Tips
Basic stand, canni & sit macro:
- /pause 1, /stand
- /pause 14, /cast 1
I recommend using /pause 1, /stand to avoid latency issues.
You can adjust the /pause 14 length +/- 1 or 2 based on your latency.
(Meditate server ticks(6s) + Canni)
Watch your current mana #, when you see it go up click the hotkey for that macro. Repeat until you're good on mana.
I find this very effective if you're not in the heat of the moment and want to catch up on mana quickly.
- Cast canni
- Press the Hotkey
- Wait 1-2 seconds
Have a clickie that can be used from any slot but don't want to waste a bag slot?
- Open inventory and bag containing Clickie.
- Left click Clickie
- Left click Bag
- Target (enemy/self/etc)
- Right click Clickie
- Left click Clickie
- Left click back in the bag where the Clickie started.
Shm Solo&Duo Cliff Golem
--Duo Shm+Monk The Safe Strat-- Find a level 60 monk to duo with, preferably with a fungi.
Pre-combat setup: Yours + monks buffs. (haste/regen right before combat) Your pet up meditate until you're full mana.
Combat: monk pulls via FD to avoid guard agro.(There is a couple tricks to this for soloing. Mostly just pay attention to the time of day. Where guards path and where indiviual mobs stand.)
DO NOT DAMAGE IT yet, It summons.
Your goal is to finish your malosini cast at max range on the cliff golem. It may take you several trys. Run it all around in big loops trying to avoid any potential adds. If you do get an add your dog should get it's agro and the monk can go pound on it while you're trying to land malosini.
Once you land malosini continue running big loops and start spamming your slow on it. You want to be again at max range when you're casting slow. That way the golem never gets to you to hit you.
Your goal during this whole loop running routine is to not get hit. SoW up, strafe run, jump what ever it takes. stay away from the cliff golem if it's not slowed.
One of two things can happen at or before this point.
- you run out of mana or get below a comfortable amount of mana to continue and finish the battle. If this happens you want to zone, WW is your honorable place to zone. If you want to be a douche zone into sky fire.
- you've landed the malosini and slow leaving you with enough mana to toss the occasional heal on the monk and re-land another slow if need be.
Cliff golem enrages at 9% health (i think it's 9%). so if a player or pet is attacking them from the front while it's enraged they will melt themselves.
When it enrages what you want to do as a shaman in a duo+ is stand near the slowed cliff golem so it turns around to attack you. That way the pet + other player(s) can continue hitting it.
Solo you want to position your dog behind the cliff golem.
Once you get torp it's a pretty similar setup just no monk. I presume you have your epic.
The East golem with the dragoon that makes it darn near impossible to solo pull without FD. However it paths away at 7pm in game time. (sharing my secrets)
The south golem (the popular one) is best pulled at it's spawn point.
Lazy players will frequently run directly out of the outpost who have bad rep with the outpost. Pulling guards, the golem and or other mobs to some zone line. So make sure you're aware of your surroundings. Nothing worse than bumping into an OT death squad.
Druid Leveling Tip
Druid Charm Spells
At level 24 you can learn Charm Animals which can charm up to a level 33 animal.
At level 34 you can learn Beguile Animals which can charm up to a level 43 animal.
At level 44 you can learn Allure of the Wild which can charm up to a level 49 animal.
Druid Pet only Buff Spells
At level 19 you can learn Feral Spirit which buffs your pet with up to 20% haste, 20 str and 14 AC.
At level 44 you can learn Savage Spirit which buffs your pet with up to 70% haste, 45 str and 16 AC.
Open with a snare on your pet, Snare the mob you're fighting with your pet. Haste pet,. Meditate,. if breaks,. refresh snare as needed and recharm. Break charm before kill,. kill both for exp.
Loio -> OT -> EW
Do this till 46 then buy a lumi staff and start quading.
Global Cooldown Resetters. Indoors & Outdoors with no major side effects.
Listed in obtainability easy to hard.
Kromzek Surveyor Scope
Shrunken Goblin Skull Earring
Star of Eyes
Velium Coldain Insignia Ring
Coldain Hero's Insignia Ring
Ring of Dain Frostreaver IV
- Your faction standing with Freeport Militia got worse.
- Your faction standing with Steel Warriors got better.
- Your faction standing with Knights of Truth got better.
You gain experience!!
- Your faction standing with Merchants of Qeynos got better.
- Your faction standing with Circle Of Unseen Hands got worse.
- Your faction standing with Antonius Bayle got better.
- Your faction standing with Coalition of Tradefolk got better.
- Your faction standing with Guards of Qeynos got better.
You gain experience!!
Claws of Veeshan(CoV)
In Eastern Wastes at #2 on the map there is a broken building with 3 An ogre mercenary standing inside it.
They have a high chance of dropping Mercenary Assignments which can be turn into Sentry Kcor in skyshrine at the Wakening Lands entrance.
- Your faction standing with Claws of Veeshan got better.
- Your faction standing with Yelinak got better.
- Your faction standing with Kromzek got worse.
Works with dubious faction.
Kromzek, Kromrif & King Tormax (giants)
In Great Divide you can find A coldain wolfmaster, A Coldain miner & A velium miner. They all have an okay drop chance for Coldain Head.
Turn those heads into Captain Bvellos in Kael Drakkel for the quest Bvellos' Bounty.
- Your faction standing with Kromzek got better.
- Your faction standing with Kromrif got better.
- Your faction standing with King Tormax got better.
- Your faction standing with Claws of Veeshan got worse.
You gain experience!!
I think commanding your pet to sit will help it regen health and mana faster.
Other Useful Pages
More to come...
I plan to add more as I think of it.