[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
A tribal race, these lizard-like warriors carry on a rich heritage of conquest, enslavement and destruction.
Iksar are quite intelligent (despite their gargantuan size and warrior-like ways) and prefer to socialize within their own circles. - EverQuest manual
The fearsome and savage reptilian race on Norrath is known as the Iksar. With their significant height, scales, and long tails, Iksar are intimidating in their appearance. Their reptilian physiology grants them a natural affinity for water, as well as enhanced regeneration.
Their entire civilization developed in isolation for centuries and fostered an unusual culture. The Iksar are a tribal race with a very simple social structure. Allies to no one, the Iksar are intelligent and proud. Having seen their race crumble through the toils of war, the race has become bitter about its loss of power. After being slaves and warring with the Ring of Scale, they were nearly made extinct.
The Iksar depend only on their god and creator, Cazic Thule. Iksar are unwelcome in all known cities of Norrath except Thurgadin. Iksar are no more fond of the other races of Norrath than those races are fond of them.
The Iksar live in the ancient city of Cabilis, on Kunark near the Lake of Ill Omen. It is a dark place with a maze of canals, which the Iksar use for travel around their city.
- Faction Alignment: "Evil" ("Independent", not friendly with the other races of Antonica)
- Racial(s): Forage, Increased Armor Class, Increased HP Regeneration, Infravision, Swimming (100), -10 Cold Resist, +5 Fire Resist
- Starting City: Cabilis
- Playable Classes: Monk, Necromancer, Shadow Knight, Shaman, Warrior
- Race Experience Modifier: 20% More Required
- Armor: Medium, Cannot Wear Plate
Increased Armor Class
Iksar start with a +15 AC bonus (+17 if they are a Warrior) over other races, which scales(!) with level. However, they cannot wear plate armor until the Velious expansion.
Increased HP Regeneration
Both Iksar and Trolls have higher HP regeneration rates (per tick):
- Level 1-19: 4 sitting, 2 feigned, 2 standing
- Level 20-49: 6 sitting, 2 feigned, 2 standing
- Level 50: 8 sitting, 2 feigned, 2 standing
- Level 51-55: 12 sitting, 8 feigned, 6 standing
- Level 56-59: 16 sitting, 12 feigned, 10 standing
- Level 60: 18 sitting, 14 feigned, 12 standing
Comparatively, these are the HP regeneration rates (per tick) for all other races:
- Level 1-19: 2 sitting, 1 feigned, 1 standing
- Level 20-49: 3 sitting, 1 feigned, 1 standing
- Level 50: 4 sitting, 1 feigned, 1 standing
- Level 51-55: 5 sitting, 3 feigned, 2 standing
- Level 56-59: 6 sitting, 4 feigned, 3 standing
- Level 60: 7 sitting, 5 feigned, 4 standing
A "tick" happens every 6 seconds (server side).
- It does not matter whether you are sitting or standing between seconds 1 and 5, only the 6th second.
- Monk: 75 STR / 75 STA / 100 AGI / 95 DEX / 80 WIS / 75 INT / 55 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Necromancer: 70 STR / 70 STA / 90 AGI / 95 DEX / 80 WIS / 85 INT / 55 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Shadow Knight: 80 STR / 75 STA / 90 AGI / 85 DEX / 80 WIS / 85 INT / 60 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Shaman: 70 STR / 75 STA / 90 AGI / 85 DEX / 90 WIS / 75 INT / 60 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Warrior: 80 STR / 80 STA / 95 AGI / 85 DEX / 80 WIS / 75 INT / 55 CHA / 25 Bonus Points