[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Self-pride and intellect persuade most Erudites to forego physical activity in favor of mental challenges.
Social grace is their forte, and they believe themselves to be the pinnacle of evolution. - EverQuest manual
The Erudites trace their ancestry back to the great mage, Erud, who led them to Odus. They are descendants of the original humans on Norrath and inherited the best of human intelligence. Their extraordinary acumen came at the price of thinner, more delicate bodies. Erudites reach about six feet tall, with some of that height attributed to their high foreheads.
Unique accomplishments with magic and study have understandably led the Erudites to believe that they are the most intellectually superior race on Norrath. They are known for their serious demeanor.
Most Erudites spend their days absorbed in books and tomes, or magical contemplation, and they typically do not involve themselves in matters that do not directly affect them. They often pay no regard to anyone that hasn't achieved intellectual accomplishment. That in mind, Erudites do not associate with the evil races. Even the Erudite Heretics (Such as Necromancers, Evil Aligned Clerics and Bro-Knights) of Paineel are not fond of Dark Elves, Ogres and Trolls.
The Erudites live in two areas on the continent of Odus near the Toxxulia Forest. One city, housing the purer of heart, is called Erudin - an ornate city gleaming with polished marble and babbling fountains. Paineel is the home of the rebellious Erudite Heretics who were banished from the city for delving into the forbidden realm of dark magic.
- Faction Alignment: Neutral
- Racial(s): -5 Disease Resist, +5 Magic Resist
- Starting City: Erudin and Paineel
- Playable Classes: Cleric, Enchanter, Magician, Necromancer, Paladin, Shadow Knight, Wizard
- Experience Modifier: None
- Armor: Medium
- Cleric: 65 STR / 75 STA / 70 AGI / 70 DEX / 93 WIS / 107 INT / 70 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Enchanter: 60 STR /70 STA / 70 AGI / 70 DEX / 83 WIS / 117 INT / 80 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Magician: 60 STR / 80 STA / 70 AGI / 70 DEX / 83 WIS / 117 INT / 70 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Necromancer: 60 STR / 70 STA / 70 AGI / 80 DEX / 83 WIS / 117 INT / 70 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
- Paladin: 70 STR / 75 STA / 70 AGI / 70 DEX / 88 WIS / 107 INT / 80 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Shadow Knight: 70 STR / 75 STA / 70 AGI / 70 DEX / 83 WIS / 117 INT / 75 CHA / 20 Bonus Points
- Wizard: 60 STR / 80 STA / 70 AGI / 70 DEX / 83 WIS / 117 INT / 70 CHA / 30 Bonus Points
Erudite clerics and paladins have a choice for deity worship (Prexus vs. Quellious). Players without a strong preference for one or the other might want to check out the appearances for the Erudite cultural armor for each deity. Erudite cultural armor is particularly flashy, and players may wish to base their deity choice on which armor set they can hope to eventually craft/wear.
The suits also differ in their stats: Prexus armor has more Wisdom and Dexterity, Quellious armor has more Charisma and Save vs. Disease.