[ Disclaimer, --- , ]
Meditate greatly improves mana regeneration rates. Without it, you only gain 2 mana (per tick) when sitting.
- For every 12 points your Meditate skill has, you will regenerate +1 mana (per tick) when sitting.
- As long as you have trained 1 point into it, Meditate automatically happens when sitting.
- Whether you have Meditate or not, you will only gain 1 mana (per tick) when standing.
A "tick" happens every 6 seconds (server side).
- It does not matter whether you are sitting or standing between seconds 1 and 5, only the 6th second.
Prior to late Hole Era users can find the Meditate button by opening their Spellbook, either by clicking the icon, typing /book # or using a shortcut Ctrl + b.
Because both Blue and Green have received all relevant patches, there is no longer a need to open the book and press the Meditate button. As long as the Meditate skill is trained and the user is of appropriate level, sitting will accrue all the benefits.
- Enchanter Level 4 (Max 252)
- Magician Level 4 (Max 252)
- Necromancer Level 4 (Max 252)
- Wizard Level 4 (Max 252)
- Cleric Level 8 (Max 252)
- Druid Level 8 (Max 252)
- Shaman Level 8 (Max 252)
- Bard Level 10 (Max 1)
- Ranger Level 11 (Max 226)
- Paladin Level 12 (Max 235)
- Shadow Knight Level 12 (Max 235)
Meditation changed over the course of a few patches on live.
- October 28, 1999 Patch- Level 35+ casters will now automatically meditate while sitting.
- August 23, 2000 Patch- /meditate causes you to sit down, open your spellbook, and begin meditation. 
- August 30, 2000 Patch- Opening your spellbook will automatically cause you to begin meditating providing that you have the skill. Removed the /meditate command since it is no longer necessary.